The pathway to certification is simple:
Step 1- Learn
Step 2 – Register
Step 3 – Assess and Complete
- Complete an organizational assessment, a simple checklist where the club can review its level of compliance to each standard. It can help your club understand what it is already doing to meet Club Excellence standards*, and flag the areas where further work is required.
- Where further work is required, you can access the resource centre for template and real-life examples.
- Club Excellence offers additional support through workshops, webinars, seminars, and one-on-one consultations.
Step 4 – Apply and Certify
- Once your club has rated all 30 standards as “Documented and used,” and attached all supporting documentation, apply for certification.
- Club Excellence evaluates each application to determine if the club has demonstrated compliance to each standard. If a club has not met any of the standards, time will be given to improve the application.
- Upon becoming certified, the club will receive a welcome package.
- Use the Club Excellence Certified logo on your website or at your club to advertise your certification.
- Club Excellence Certification is valid for four years. Reapply in advance of expiry.
The Club Excellence standards do not replace any legal or human rights requirements through federal or provincial legislation. Clubs need to ensure separately they meet those requirements.